Sunday, July 3, 2011

Communication Strategies

Communication strategies are important in the growth and learning of a child.  As professionals working with children, it is important to create an environment that encourages communication.  Each child is different in the way they learn so it is vital that professionals get to know the child as well as be open to using different strategies with different children.  Collaborating with parents and other professionals that work with the child can help to find what works best with the child and also in being consistent in what is being used with the child.  Professionals should be flexible in trying different strategies until they determine what works best for the child.  Consistency is also important in helping the child to understand what is trying to be implemented.  Professionals should encourage children to communicate their needs and feelings.  This will help them to learn ways of communicating.

As a professional working with children it is important that I get to know the child and their families so that I will know what works best for the child.  I will be consistent in the strategies that I use and create an environment that encourages communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment