Sunday, June 26, 2011
Motor and Self Help Skills
My focus child needs to improve control of fine motor skills. He is able to pick up objects (such as blocks) to move them from one area to another or to drop them, but I have noticed that he has trouble stacking blocks to build a structure. His IEP notes that he needs to improve hand and finger control for pre writing skills. I will work on his control of fine muscles by working with him to fill a container with blocks (or other small toys) and by stacking blocks. I will also use peg puzzles to see how he is able to control movement in his finger and hand. A coloring activity would also benefit his pre writing skills. I would use markers as they are easier to create marks on paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment